Lucien Henry, Public Park Fountain,
Henry designed this Islamic-style
Lucien Henry, Wrought Iron
Henry's arched gate proposed
Click on the images above to return to the transcript of John Docker's talk.
Please note that these images are reproduced with the permission of the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, for the purposes of criticism and review only. Any further reproduction of these images without permission is a violation of copyright.View other Lucien Henry images:
- Visions of a Republic: The Work of Lucien Henry, Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
- Glass plate negatives (14), 'Lucien Henry plaster sculptures', glass, c 1888-1891
- Water bottle, carved coconut / wood / ivory, 1878-1879
- Wall vase, cast in likeness of staghorn fern, lead alloy, 1880-1891
- 'La Baie du Mirroir, New Caledonia', oil on canvas, 1879
- Decorative panel, woman's head representing New Zealand, lead, 1888-1891
- Illustration, 'Sydney', for 'Australian Decorative Arts' book, grey monochrome wash on paper, 1889-1891
- Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney: Waratah, 1887, oil on wood
- Graeme Plat installs a replica of the Lucien Henry ceiling of the former Hotel Australia.
Return to John Docker's Arabesques of the Cosmopolitan and International: Lucien Henry, Baroque Allegory and Islamophilia .
Please feel free to contribute to this discourse.
http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/copyright.html for copyright notice.